Peter Broderick: Music For Confluence (CD, Erased Tapes, November 2011)

Peter Broderick's talent in a wide range of styles is hugely impressive, but it makes it hard for me to get a handle on his œuvre. What's he going to come out with next? Well, I think I'd place Music For Confluence somewhere on an axis between the gorgeous orchestral sweep of Float and the rich Americana of Home. The strings range from the folksy to the classical, the piano has a jangly tone but a deftness of touch which almost sounds like a concert pianist has been hired to play in the bar of an old cowboy movie. As with all his previous work, it has an engaging intimacy. He's still never equalled his debut, in my book, but this is a fine piece of work.

I bought this from Boomkat. They call it Home Listening / Modern Classical / Ambient.

Comments