My Albums Of 2011 (an out of band post)

While prepping my Albums Of 2012, I realized that I'd completely failed to do 2011. So let's backfill. In alphabetical order:

  • Balam Acab's bizarre squeaky-voiced psychedelia Wander/Wonder
  • Byetone's unashamedly catchy clicks'n'bass monster Symeta.
  • Jóhann Jóhannsson's gorgeous, nostalgic, and uplifting The Miners' Hymns.
  • John Tejada's sublime shuffling techno classic Parabolas.
  • Ricardo Villalobos & Max Loderbauer's endlessly enthralling half-forgotten dream of music, Re: ECM.
It was a tough year. I could have almost filled it with Raster-Noton releases alone: Byetone edged out Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto, Alva Noto alone, and the awesome poetry of Anne-James Chaton. A Winged Victory For The Sullen, Kreng, and Tim Hecker were all in the running, too.

Comments