Bing & Ruth: Tomorrow Was The Golden Age (2xLP, RVNG Intl, October 2014)

I'm going to find it tough writing about this without going all swooningly lyrical. This gorgeous double LP is swathed in warm, twinkling piano which gives me a lovely warm feeling right from the first notes. Then there's the contrastingly simple but beautiful melodies played on either piano, clarinet, or strings. The harmonies and the subtle changes of key are just perfect. The production and the vinyl cut have a wonderful warmth and clarity. In fact, everything about this record seems somehow just right. It tugs on the heartstrings without ever becoming cheesy. And if you think I'm gushing too much, I urge you to go listen to it yourself: I can't imagine anyone not falling for the charms of this utterly charming music.

I bought this from Boomkat. They call it Electronic, which is pretty weird.

Comments